Monday, August 8, 2011

Tool # 10

1. In order for my students to understand how to be a good digital citizen, I will discuss and model appropriate behaviors that students need to engage in when using technology. These are the same behaviors that students use in the classroom. Only appropriate language will be spoken and written. Technology is a wonderful way for my students to connect with other kindergarten students that ordinarily they would not have any contact with. I want their experiences to be positive and educational. Our class will discuss appropriate digital citizenship throughout the school year.


2. I was looking for a simple video to show my kids about digital citizenship. This one is VERY simple. I would need to stop and explain and elaborate on each point. I found this video on You Tube.

3. I would teach digital citizenship by showing the above video clip and explaining each point. I will also model good and bad behaviors and we will discuss them as a class.

4. I will find videos clips that are appropriate for students to view with their parents. I will send a letter explaining what digital citizenship is and encourage parents to discuss appropriate behaviors and good digital citizenship at home with their child.

No comments:

Post a Comment