Monday, August 8, 2011

Tool # 8

I am looking forward to having my students use the Netbooks and itouches. I feel it will be very important to go over the rules about proper use of these devices. We will review these rules and I will closely watch and observe my students as they use the Netbooks and itouches, especially when they first begin to use them.

I was excited to learn that the Netbooks have webcams. This will be very useful since the students will be using Skype for their project. The students will be using the Netbooks during centers but students can also use them on a rotation basis during Writer's Workshop as mentioned in Tool #7.

I am looking forward to setting up an iTunes account and downloading educational apps that the students can use. I know the itouches will be VERY popular. Besides using the apps, the students can take pictures and videos of themselves and each other. I excited that this new technology and resources will be available to my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment