Sunday, August 7, 2011

Tool # 7

I have to admit, I having been pondering for several days what online project to have my class focus on this year. I decided that instead of narrowing it down to one specific unit of study, they would use the internet as a way to share their knowledge and skills in language arts. Students could have a buddy assigned to them or respond to other students in a classroom randomly. I like Julie Hofle's idea about sharing with another class on my team first(are you reading this Ms. Buck? LOL) and then sharing with another Kinder class at another school in the district. This would be ongoing project throughout the year. I will begin this project in October.

For reading students will share their ideas, reflections, and connections to stories we have read in the classroom. Students would do this using Google Docs, Wall Wisher, and Skype. Students could create a survey about their favorite books on Polls Everywhere and send it to their buddy.

In regard to writing, students will share their writing with their buddy or buddy class and their buddy will respond by using Google Docs and Skype. Students could even ask their buddy class about suggestions on topics to write about using Wall Wisher. Students could also write letters or notes to their buddies using Google Docs and Wall Wisher. I look forward to this project! On to Tool #8!

No comments:

Post a Comment