Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Tool # 5

I decided to create a personal word cloud and an educational word cloud. The first one is of my favorite rock bands or performers. The second one is the five senses.

This was my favorite tool thus far. I really enjoyed working with Bookr. I created a book about plants. I know how to add pages, but I'm wondering if there is a way to delete pages that were accidentally added. If you read my book, you'll see that there are blank pages that I accidentally added.

This is definitely something my kinder kids can do. They can create books at centers or during Writer's Workshop. Students who have difficulty writing can work with a partner. We could also write class books about topics we are studying in Science and Social Studies. I will be using Bookr quite a bit now in the classroom.

I also created two word clouds. I used ABCya! I wanted to created a word cloud of my favorite rock bands and performers. I then created a word cloud of the five senses. Off to Tool #6!

1 comment:

  1. Bookr is super easy and kids like it. BTW, we learned last fall that sometimes Bookr does not like the netbooks. It does like the iBooks.

    ReplyDelete